Submitting a Blog Post or News Article
The Nature of Blogs and News posts on this Site
Please feel free to submit any blog or story that:
- Highlights your personal experience with deathcare.
- Contains your thoughts and/or feelings about something related to end of life, living with terminal illness.
- Describes an experience that you have shared with someone else that you think would inspire others.
- Tells of something powerfully transformative in your own life, or that you have been witness to in someone else’s life, related to dying and deathcare.
- Cautions us to pause and consider the impact of a particular trend in our society or the implications of certain policies related to death and dying.
- Helps us be more mindful about the practices offered within community deathcare.
- Inspires and moves those who have a shared passion for community deathcare, into right action.
- Expands our collective understanding and appreciation of how community deathcare is being experienced and nurtured in different parts of the province.
You may also consider reposting an inspiring article or blogpost that you have read elsewhere or you have posted somewhere else.
Please ensure if you are reposting a blog that you seek permission first from the original author of the post. (unless of course it was posted within the “Creative Commons” domain where it is considered public access).
Submitting a Blog or News Post
The following form contains certain fields that you must fill-in.
Each field is self-explanatory.
Once your submission is received, it will be reviewed by CDC and you will be contacted regarding its suitability for inclusion as a future blog or news post.
You may be asked to revise and edit parts of what you have written.
Thank you for your contribution.
- If you have an article in a file, copy all the text and paste it into the “Article copy” text box.
- The first paragraph should be a SHORT ‘introductory’ paragraph (less than 100 words) to be posted as a topic introduction.
- A FEATURE IMAGE is highly recommended. The proportions are: 538 x 218 pixels at a density of 96 dpi. (The image must be free of all copyright encumbrances).
- Optimally, the title should appear in the first paragraph (not mandatory ).
- Short titles are preferred over long titles.
- Bold, Italic, and Underlined text is OK.
- Numbered or bulleted points are fine, but only one level deep. Nested points cannot be accommodated.
- Indicate quoted sentences by using italicized text.
E.g. “The benefits of inclusion evident in the educational research are improved teaching, and better academic, social and behavioural outcomes.”